We are a growing firm.
- Accountants for consultants, authors and speakers
- Committed to delightful and reliable communications
- Embracing technology and automation
- 100% virtual and paperless since 2015
- Owned and operated by a husband and wife team (Bryan and Hillary)
- Committed to work/life balance for all
- Services include coaching, analyzing, reporting, tax compliance and bookkeeping
D. delightful (respectful, kind, positive outlook, creates fun)
R. responsive (communicates clearly and honestly, listens intently, participates actively, asks questions)
A. adaptable (because, change is the only constant…)
G. goal oriented (intentional, motivated, committed)
O. organized (methodical, careful, reduces confusion, pays attention to details)
N. number literate (numbers inform decisions, show patterns, reduce bias, calculate risks and correlations)
- Clear communicator: You are eager to help small business owners to understand their numbers. You are generous, patient, passionate and glad to share your knowledge. You can speak jargon; but, prefer not to.
- Proficient with technology: You understand online security risks and commit to minimizing them. You confidently manage hardware, software and integrations.
- Self motivated: You are happy to work from home and can perform your work with professional focus even while wearing sweatpants.
- A juggler: You thrive when you have a variety of tasks to do for multiple different businesses. A typical day will be running payroll for one business, reconciling transactions for another business, preparing invoices for another business, filing taxes for another business, etc. You can compartmentalize each business’s facts and processes and gladly shift gears or change hats throughout the day.
- G Suite
You can expect these benefits as an employee with Colvin CPA:
E. Education – Committed to lifelong learning and developing skills that support the clients needs.
X. Xero – Training to use Xero software and many integrations.
P. Policies – We use documented policies to guide small and big decisions. Our policies include:
Paid Time Off
401-K match (up to 4%)
E. Environment – Creating and protecting a fulfilling work/life balance by setting clear boundaries and encouraging goals both inside and outside of the office.
C. Client Relationships – Connecting with clients and knowing the people you are helping.
T. Team Relationships – Connecting with colleagues and being a vital member of a supportive team.
Do you want …
- a 100% virtual work environment
- a flexible work schedule
- fun and supportive colleagues
- delightful client relationships
- to embrace technology and automation
- to start at $18 – $25 per hour
- continuing professional education
- paid time off
- a 401(k) matching contribution
- available 20 hours a week Monday through Friday between 9-5 EST
- passionate about helping small business owners
- self-motivated to arrive at work with professional focus
- great at following documented processes
- enthusiastic about detailed instructions
- excited to shift your focus across multiple clients each day
- eager to explain GAAP and tax law, without jargon
- committed to data security
- able to maintain your own computer equipment
It is our policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment based on race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or other protected classifications.
Please, be sure to include a reference page with 3-4 professional references.
There are 7 steps in total.
✔ Step 1: Submit a Resume – By submitting your resume, you show us your ability to organize written information so that it is clear and pleasant to read. This step is important because accounting knowledge and experience is needed to perform this job.
✔ Step 2: Icebreaker Questionnaire – By submitting a playful questionnaire, you show us your ability to ignite connection in short written responses. The questionnaire also invites you to ask us questions. If you don’t have a single question for us then you are not seriously applying for our job. Instead, we assume you are just looking for any job. Our ideal candidate is making sure that this job will meet their needs and maybe even their dreams.
✔ Step 3: Send a Video Introducing Yourself – By sending us a short 3 minute video introducing yourself, you show us some of your technology skills and provide a glimpse of how you connect in a 100% virtual work environment. This step is important because recorded video is a common communication method used in the firm.
✔ Step 4: You Interview the Owners – By asking you to interview us before we interview you, shows us the questions you are most concerned about in your employment decision. You will lead a 30 minute video conference with the firm’s owners (Bryan and Hillary). This step is important because we know that you have many options for employment and we want to help you determine whether or not we match your long-term career goals.
✔ Step 5: Skill Assessment – By asking you to answer an email with 3 sample questions that you are likely to encounter in your role here, we are able to evaluate your knowledge level and your writing skills. This step is important because email is the most common communication method used at our firm.
✔ Step 6: Background Check – By contacting your professional references and performing both a background check and a credit check, we are able to confirm that the information you provided to us is accurate. This step is important to the firm and our clients because of the information shared.
✔ Step 7: The Owners Interview You – In interviewing you, our main goals are to clarify intentions, address concerns, establish boundaries, and create big dreams. The 30 minute video conference is intentionally structured to achieve “radical alignment”, a tool we learned from this book.